[Dancer-users] Deploying with Plack::Handler::Apache2

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 16:52:53 CET 2012

Hey Dave. :)

I will probably mention a few things here you might like and a few things
you might not.

In a nutshell: this is *fixed* in Dancer 2, and it might be fixed in Dancer
1 at some point.

Not in a nutshell: this is actually a very known and painful issue. It's
indeed a Dancer problem, and not a Plack one. This is also one of the
reasons Dancer 2 got started in the first place. One of the design
decisions of Dancer 1 leads to this problem and Dancer 2 was created out of
proper design to set this (and other side-effects) straight. This means
that Dancer 2 will definitely not suffer this malady, from the get-go.

There is a proposed community patch for this (and a fork carrying this
patch) but we found it a bit tricky and somewhat unclean and haven't merged
it in yet. If you have the time (and inclination) contact me on this issue.
I'd love help with reviewing and cleaning it up so we could actually merge
this.

Sorry for this, and hope we could settle it as soon as possible.

S.