[dancer-users] Re : How to work with Dancer2 ?

Damien Krotkine dkrotkine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 21:11:26 GMT 2012

Le jeudi 27 décembre 2012 à 13:34, David Precious a écrit :

> On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 19:00:21 +0100 (CET)
> Celogeek <me at celogeek.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have start hacking Dancer2 project.
> >
> > I have multiple question :
> >
> > - I know people are busy, but how long take a patch to be merge after
> > 2 validations and 3 weeks still waiting ? I'm waiting to see if the
> > project is still active to add futher patches.
> >

> It is active.
>
> Assuming you mean PR 132 (using XS versions of a couple of modules for
> a slight speed improvement), I would have merged it a lot quicker were
> it adding new useful features or fixing a troublesome bug, but as it's
> simply a minor performance improvement, I haven't felt the need to give
> up too much time to review it yet. I also would have merged it a lot
> sooner if it would merge cleanly through GitHub, but it looks like it's
> going to conflict.
>
> > - I want to update my Dancer::Plugins::Redis, but I'm a little bit
> > lost on the right way to do it. How to be compatible with v1 and v2 ?
> >

> See any of the modules which have already been updated - there's only a
> few minor changes usually, activated by checking dancer_version (which
> is another discussion).
>
> > - Is they an equivalent website as perldancer.org for perldancer2 ?
>
> It's the same project, so will have the same website (it'll be updated
> when the first stable release of Dancer2 is made, I'm sure).
>

> > - I have start writing App::Dancer2 (already push on cpan), based on
> > the Dancer2 mainline git repository example. Is they a doc somewhere
> > to do stuff more complicated ?
> >

> What kind of "stuff"?
>
> > - is they a list of Dancer2 already patched module ?
>
> I don't think there's a definitive list yet - if you try loading a
> plugin that hasn't been updated to support Dancer2, though, Dancer2
> will tell you.
>
> > I think a website like " https://www.djangoproject.com/" or "
> > http://rubyonrails.org/" or "http://perldancer.org" could be great to
> > speed up the passage from v1 to v2. Having a good tutorial to start a
> > Dancer2 project, and to create some awesome Dancer2::Plugins is
> > essential. A place where all of this can be found.
> >

> Any contributions would be very welcome. I'm not entirely sure of the
> relevance of Django or RoR, unless you mean there are parts of their
> website you think are good and could be used as inspiration - if so,
> feel free to point at those parts :)
>

> > What do you think ?
> >
> > I was thinking of a kind of wordpress website (like mine :)
> > http://blog.celogeek.com ) to push our discover, our tutorial ... Any
> > contributor could push their discover.
> >

> I've been mulling the idea of a project blog a few times - might be
> worth consideration.

That remains me of the Dancer blog, which we started months ( years ? ) ago. It should be still active, it's using the github pages feature, so creating a new blog post is as simple as committing and pushing.

Maybe it would be useful to resurrect it and use it as a follow up of the advent calendar: people can provide article, volunteers can write up weekly newsletters and so on. It's only limited by the amount o volunteers :)