[dancer-users] How to work with Dancer2 ?

Celogeek me at celogeek.com
Thu Dec 27 13:13:22 GMT 2012

Ok thank you for your answer.

About my PR it should have no conflict if it was reviewed faster. I will do a rebase to simplify the merge.

About module already updated. How can I know is it ? They is no hint on cpan to show the dancer2 compatible module. I have to dig on each recently update modules and look at the code to know if it's compatible or not.

I undertand about the doc. The main doc will be upgraded. So we can use perldoc inside the project in the meantime and do doc patches if we see something missing.

App::Dancer2 is a tools for boostrapping. It come with "basic" configuration (with or without git), "distzilla" (with git). I will add feature like "dancer2 --plugin MyDancerPlugin" to init a plugin. I just have to learn the best way to do it.

I will look at the internal doc and ask futher questions if it is not clear enought.

May be if the submodule Dancer::Plugin were ship outside Dancer it could be great.

Let say Dancer::Plugin is a module to init plugin. This module give your the abstract to support Dancer1 and Dancer2 automatically with a common language between them. This part handle the Core of dancer for you and simplify the writing of Dancer plugin. Just an idea.

Celogeek