[dancer-users] [Dancer-dev] dancer_major_version

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Thu Dec 27 11:46:20 GMT 2012

Actually, the whole thing is that dancer_version (or major_version) should
clearly not be used for plugins to check their compatibility with the core.
Actually, what plugin should do is to use api_version.

Simple example :

Dancer 1.9999_01 is "Dancer 1" is you look at the VERSION (whatever method
you choose) but it's actually "Dancer 2" regarding its core.

So to summarize:

  - dancer_major_version should be removed, it has been added in a rush,
while releasing 1.9999_01 but was a mistake because of the reason explained
above
  - api_version should be used whenever something needs to check its