[Dancer-users] Basic plackup/dancer startup script for Centos

Perlover perlover at perlover.com
Thu Oct 20 13:52:07 CEST 2011

Hello!

> chkconfig some_website on
>
> I get symlinks rc3.d/S85some_website, rc5.d/S85some_website,
> rc4.d/S85some_website and rc2.d/S85some_website

Sorry for my English is not understandable ;-)

In normal situation you should have a K15some_website symlinks in
rc6.d and rc0.d after chkconfig some_website 'on' (for this you should
have line as '#chkconfig: 2345...')
Because when you will run shutdown command, your system will turn
runlevel 3 -> 6 and will run kill scripts (K*) at 6 runlevel and than
S* scripts (starts)
But if you don't have exactly runlevels in your init.d script (you
have only '-') you will have only S* symlinks in rc[2345].d (that you
have) after chkconfig some_website 'on'
I think a right thing that a init.d script should have stop symlinks
in rc[06].d for normal program stopping

> If I have #chkconfig: 2345 85 15 and perform  the same command I get
> exactly the same symlinks.

Yes, i think it's normal behavior for right an init.d script :-)
Otherwise our program will not be stopped correctly by shutdown - it
will be killed by killall if /etc/init.d/killall will not help
And if you described in your script stop priority level (15) i thought
that you want to have a correctly stopped Dancer appliction.

Sorry, it's not critical - your program is nice without this :)