[Dancer-users] IRC logs

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Wed May 4 10:53:43 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 04 May 2011 05:14:57 Иван Бессарабов wrote:
> A lot of dancer discussion is made on IRC channel #dancer on irc.perl.org.
> I want to know if the discussions there are saved somewhere and is it
> possible to read them latter without using irc clients.

It has been suggested before, but the general consensus was not to provide
public logs.  To do so would require making participants aware of the logging,
and could discourage people from chatting openly, or forever preserve in
history something which someone said in the heat of the moment and regrets
later, say.

I do agree that it could be valuable perhaps, though, as there's lots of
helpful discussion on #dancer.

You're welcome to do your own logging from your IRC client, but we ask that
you don't publish the logs you generate publically.

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)