[Dancer-users] POLL - Hierachical config settings - preferred implementation?

Brian E. Lozier brian at massassi.com
Sun May 1 01:36:49 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Christopher Taranto
<christopher at tokpela.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Alberto Simoes <ambs at perl-hackers.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 30/04/2011 20:15, David Precious wrote:
>>>
>>>   set 'engines/simple/extension' =>  'tt';
>>>
>> >    vs
>>>
>>>   set engines =>  { +simple =>  { +extension =>  'tt' } };
>>>
>>> So, the question is, which do you prefer?
>>
>> I prefer the first, not because it was my first implementation, but
>> because it mimics XPath (or directory structure). But I understand that we
>> are adding a specific syntax that is not Perl related, and that is why I
>> offered myself to implement the Moose syntax. I just didn't have the time
>> and open-mind to implement it.
>>

> I also vote for the first since it seems more direct and simple.  The Moose
> syntax causes me to pause for a moment to parse it all out.
>
> Is there any advantage to the Moose syntax style?

Well it's straight perl so no need to parse the string.

I prefer the first as well just because it's less typing and easier
for my brain to parse.  That said, my vote doesn't count because I use
the config file.  I'd much rather have an option separate from YAML
for that ;)