[Dancer-users] freeze devel before doing a stable release ?

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 11:36:04 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM, damien krotkine <dkrotkine at gmail.com>wrote:

> So I'm just throwing Sawyer's ideas + some of mines, so that we can
> cool down a bit the release process, which seems to be too hot
> currently. What do you think ?

Just adding my thoughts on this in short.

The idea is to freeze between the last dev and the stable.
That is, we can release a ton of devs but once we're ready for a stable, we
freeze until we release that stable.
That should be about a week for the last dev to go through enough tests on
CPAN for us to decide to release the stable.

As the release manager, I think it shouldn't be a problem and will also help
sort it out for releasing, having a good understanding of a defined process
for this.

And thanks goes to Dams for raising this issue. :)

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.backup-manager.org/pipermail/dancer-users/attachments/20110324/6452db3b/attachment.htm>

More information about the Dancer-users mailing list