[Dancer-users] Dancer::Template::Markdown

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 11:29:00 CET 2010

Hi all,

Following a slip-up of BooK on our IRC channel, I've created
Dancer::Template::Markdown.

Basically this allows you to write Markdown files and have them rendered by
Dancer's template engine automatically.

My question to all of you is: should I upload this to CPAN?

Why yes:
- It allows people to write their website in Markdown.
- I could write an article around it for the Advent Calendar.
- It could add to the Dancer myth of "if you even suggest an idea for an
engine (session, template, serializer), it will probably already be on CPAN
when you wake up the next morning"

Why not:
- Simply because Markdown is only a text syntax. It's not a template engine.
You cannot put variables, loops, conditions and other template stuff in it.
It will only be useful if you have static content written in Markdown. It's
not really a "::Template". Where else would you otherwise put it? Then
again, being able to offload the entire rendering to Dancer sure is a plus.

Your views?
Sawyer.