[Dancer-users] Catalyst vs Dancer

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 00:51:43 CET 2010

Naveed Massjouni wrote:
> I have a question for all you Dancer users.

I guess you are really asking all "Dancer users who may have also used
Catalyst." I once tried to install Catalyst, but it insisted on
installing a boatload of crap so I gave up.

> When would you use
> Catalyst over Dancer?

Probably never.

  Does it "scale" better for larger applications,
> and if so how/why?  I was never able to wrap my head around Catalyst.
> But it's been a while and I was a perl beginner back when I tried.
> Now Dancer is my go-to framework for any project.  Just wondering if I
> am missing out on anything.

I think the better approach might be, is there some specific
functionality that you want that Dancer doesn't provide but Catalyst
does. If yes, it might be worthwhile extending Dancer accordingly. If
not, are both more than one WTDI.

--
Puneet Kishor