[Dancer-users] catching routes with r('.*')

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:17:13 CEST 2010

Alexis,

A quick reply re. 1.1806_02

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 1:01 AM, Alexis Sukrieh <sukria at sukria.net> wrote:
> On 15/08/2010 18:06, P Kishor wrote:
>>
>> So, the only way I am able to get Dancer 1.1805 deploy under Apache2
>> CGI is by using
>>
>> get r('.*') =>  sub {}
>>
>> Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to use the captured
>> route value. `splat` doesn't seem to do the trick. For example
>
> Hi,
>
> As you may know, Dancer's core has been heavily rewritten recently and we
> plan to release very soon a new CPAN version based on this rewrite.
>
> You can already give this version a try by installing the new developer
> release: 1.1806_02 which was uploaded to CPAN a couple of days ago.

In my extreme frustration yesterday, I did install 1.1806_02
yesterday, and discovered that much as indeed changed. Most
importantly, since app.psgi file doesn't exist anymore, things seem a
bit simpler (more on this in a bit), but unfortunately, dispatch.cgi
hadn't been updated... it was still looking for a psgi file, which, of
course, doesn't exist. See the code for the dancer helper script

<code>
"dispatch.cgi" =>
"$PERL_INTERPRETER
use Plack::Runner;
Plack::Runner->run('[% appdir %]/app.psgi')
</code>

So, I was back to a dead-end alley. I guess things are pretty
volatile, and sadly I have to demo a working app to others, so for
now, I have reverted back to 1.1805, and am working with code that
actually works somewhat.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org