[Dancer-users] dancer bug

Naveed Massjouni naveedm9 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 06:38:53 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 10:35 PM, P Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:
> from http://perlsharedhosting.com/tech/frameworks/dancer
>
> "
> Note – there is a bug in Dancer version 1.1803 causing routes to work
> incorrectly under some versions of Apache. Hopefully by the time you
> read this the bug will be fixed, but in the meantime, edit
> ~/dancertest/lib/dancertest.pm and change the default route so that it
> matches all paths:
> print?
> get r('.*') => sub {
>    template 'index';
> };
> "
>

> Well, the above bug still exists, and I am using the latest version of
> Dancer. I must have wasted close to 3-4 days trying to figure out how
> to run Dancer with Apache CGI, but the deployment instructions for
> Dancer are still far from useful.
>
> Of course, I also have had to move dispatch.cgi from within public/ to
> one level above so Apache can get to it. Its all really incorrect.
>
> Could someone please comment on the state of Dancer deployment?

I am currently updating the deployment docs.  I'm adding a section for
deploying on lighttpd via CGI and FastCGI.  If lighttpd is an option
for you, I think you will find it much easier to configure and get
your app up and running.  I suggest that the first section in the
deployment docs, named Running as a CGI Script, should be moved under
the Apache section.  And it should be re-written from scratch maybe.
That way when a new user sees this page, they see the nice ways to
deploy stand-alone first.  And if they have to deploy on Apache or
lighttpd, they can jump to the corresponding section that they need.

-Naveed