[Dancer-users] deploying via Apache

sukria sukria at sukria.net
Tue Aug 3 00:41:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 22:34:37 +0100, David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
wrote:
[...]
> You're right though that, if following the details described in the docs

> doesn't work that we need to get that sorted.  There is a QA hackathon
> planned
> soon, I would hope that testing & improving deployment instructions
could
> be
> part of that.

I agree. Moreover, I have to say that all my energy is put into a huge
refactoring work these days, I'm rewriting *a lot* of Dancer's internal in
order to improve the overall design.

My plan is to have that rewrite finished before the hackaton in order to
be able to test deployment strategies and improve documentation and tests.

So please, before switching to another framework, give us a bit of time,
maybe that issue will be fixed very soon.

I'ma aware Dancer is still a bit rough on the edges, but I'm sure you can
understand that Dancer is a young project that has evolved very quickly;
which means, it needs a bit of time to get stable. Maybe my mistake in the
first place was to use a 1.x version number.

I plan to release 1.2 as soon as all these polishing issues are closed.

Thanks for your interest in the project anyways, I hope you can give
Dancer another try when the hackaton is finished.

Regards,

    Alexis