[Dancer-users] deploying via Apache

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 23:34:37 CEST 2010

On Monday 02 August 2010 22:08:39 P Kishor wrote:
> What I don't understand is, why is no one else encountering these
> errors that I am? My set up is fairly run of the mill, very routine.
> Nothing exotic at all. Yet, I am encountering errors at every step,
> and none of them seem to be reflected in the docs.

Maybe most people are running their apps via different methods, for instance
using  Apache & Plack (using Plack::Handler::Apache2 as documented at:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Dancer/lib/Dancer/Deployment.pod#Running_from_Apache_with_Plack
) - I can confirm that that method definitely works for me, although I have
experienced odd problems with multiple Dancer apps running that way, which I
need to investigate further.

Currently I have a couple of apps running via Starman with requests proxied to
them via Nginx, which works beautifully for me - I intend to write up docs on
that for the deployment guide soon.

You're right though that, if following the details described in the docs
doesn't work that we need to get that sorted.  There is a QA hackathon planned
soon, I would hope that testing & improving deployment instructions could be
part of that.

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)