[Dancer-users] Debugging and logging

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 11:25:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Alexis Sukrieh <sukria at sukria.net> wrote:

> Yes, that's what the default logger (Dancer::Logger::File) does.
>
>> but I was hoping
>>
>> 1) to see the logging on the console window just after this message:

>> == Entering the development dance floor ...
>
> Hmm, that's an interesting feature, but it's not provided yet by
> Dancer::Logger::File. This would be very easy to implement though.
>
> I think the best way of doing that would be as an option.

I though it would be implemented in Dancer::Logger::STDOUT or STDERR
and that would work if you set:

set logger => 'stderr';

>> 2) See default debug messages on calling various routes, or missing all routes
>
> Do you mean debug messages sent y Dancer's core itself?

Yes. So I can see messages like

"entering route /abc/:name"
"time spend in route /abc/:name  0.03 sec"   (when exiting it)

Or "could not find route for request '/xyz/qqrq' "

Gabor