[devtalk] ASP help

Rich Hanson rihanson at sarj.org
Tue Oct 27 00:10:51 GMT 2009

The main problem as Robert points out is that you are setting the
setting the input email address into variable SSNum but then querying
using strEmail.

Replace all references to SSNum with strEmail and it should work.

  strEmail = Request.Querystring("email")
  response.write Request.Querystring("email")
  if RegEx.Test(strEmail) = TRUE then
     strEmail = Replace(strEmail, "<","")
     strEmail = Replace(strEmail, ">","")
     Response.Write strEmail & " - TRUE"
     response.write "True"
   end if
   if RegEx.Test(strEmail) = FALSE then
     response.write "False"
   end if
   Set RegEx = NOTHING

Something to understand about ASP is that you're writing your code (most
of the time) in VBScript and using ASP Objects. For database access you
are using ADO objects.

Microsoft has a online reference for VBScript here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t0aew7h6%28VS.85%29.aspx