[devtalk] table line deletions and diskspace

joseph-harris Joseph-Harris at topmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 13:22:46 BST 2009

Okay, nothing else seems to get anyone's blood flowing,
let's see if this is interesting enough.

I have spent hours deleting lines from the _text table in
the spammed wiki. In the end I batch cancelled but observed
that I had most certainly removed lines with over 100MB of
space. It seems that the diskspace used has not changed
[after consultations with the host]!

For reasons which escape me there seems no way to actually
get to the text entry for each line, the text column
bringing up technical parameters. I had previously, as I
thought, deleted many entries which were very long and may
have contained material other than text [I did not check].

This is the MediaWiki script. I intend to simply take out
the folder and replace it, but first I need to be sure how
to remove excess and unwanted material to free disk space.

Does anyone know what might be happening - more accurately
not happening - here?

Joseph

Joseph Harris  -  Debt Control Man
author: Control Your Debt Crisis on Your Own Terms
blog: http://debtcontrolman.wordpress.com
site: http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk
wiki: http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk/debtwiki/
ezine: