[dancer-users] Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible problem - likely me

Russell Jenkins russell.jenkins at strategicdata.com.au
Sat Dec 5 12:32:28 GMT 2015

On 5/12/2015 8:50 AM, Andrew Beverley wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 16:37 -0500, John Stoffel wrote:
>> I'm trying to play with Authentication in Dancer2, and I can't get the
>> dang example from Gabor at his blog
>> (http://perlmaven.com/password-protecting-web-pages-in-dancer2) to
>> run, it keeps giving me the following error:
>>
>>     No Auth::Extensible realms configured with which to authenticate
>> user
> Your example works for me. Are you sure the app is reading your config
> at all?

The config and code in John's example looks ok.

> And I'm invoking it like this:
>
>      ~/tmp/Dancer2> ../../perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.14.2/bin/plackup -R . app.pl

Dancer2 uses a heuristic to locate app config files if
$ENV{DANCER_CONFDIR} is not set.
This iterates up the directory structure looking for ./bin and ./lib
sub-directories or a
.dancer file.

Based on having those routes defined in app.pl, I'm assuming that you
had no ./bin
and ./lib subdirs in ~/tmp/Dancer2, so the heuristic doesn't find the
config file there.
Creating a .dancer file (content is not important) in that directory
will resolve that.

Regards,
   Russell.