[dancer-users] Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible problem - likely me

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Sat Dec 5 14:05:46 GMT 2015

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Beverley <andy at andybev.com> writes:

Andrew> On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 16:37 -0500, John Stoffel wrote:
>> I'm trying to play with Authentication in Dancer2, and I can't get the
>> dang example from Gabor at his blog
>> (http://perlmaven.com/password-protecting-web-pages-in-dancer2) to
>> run, it keeps giving me the following error:
>>
>> No Auth::Extensible realms configured with which to authenticate
>> user

Andrew> Your example works for me. Are you sure the app is reading
Andrew> your config at all?

I'm pretty sure it is, because when I put in something wrong, it barks
at me.  And when I do save the file, I also see the plackup messages
that it's re-reading the file.

Andrew> Try dumping config() from a route, and checking whether it
Andrew> contains your configuration (bear in mind that it will still
Andrew> contain default information if your config isn't being read).

Andrew> If it is, also check that the dump contains your
Andrew> Auth::Extensible config.

I suspect it's some wierd interaction of my perlbrew setup with my
existing local setup which is driving this problem.  I wonder if I'm
reading in a mix of ancient perl5 modules and the newer perlbrew
modules because of my PERL5LIB environment.

Gah!!!

Sorry to bug you all...