[Dancer-users] Logging and "info"

Flavio Poletti polettix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:21:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Ovid <curtis_ovid_poe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that when I'm trying to log information, I have several log
> levels (core() apparently reserved for the core, as one might expect):
>
> * debug
> * warning
> * error

In a "spot the outsider" (don't know if it's clear in English!) game,
"core" would win hands off. While debug/warning/error speak about the
severity of the message, core talks about who's generating the message and
not about its importance (probably the assumption is that all messages from
core have the same importance, of course).

(BTW, in module Dancer::Logger::Log4perl I mapped core messages to the INFO
level; I noticed that they tend to be emitted more or less with the same
logic. Should they be promoted to some ANY level? Probably - I'd like some
feedback about it.)

I think that the introduction of an "info" logging facility would be an
improvement, hope to see it soon.

Cheers,

    Flavio.