[Dancer-users] Logging and "info"

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 16:28:16 CEST 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
Ovid <curtis_ovid_poe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Everything everyone has said about lowering the info level makes
> sense. It just fails in my particular case :)

I'd agree with the other comments regarding the priority of the 'info'
level.

> Specifically, I'm developing a rapid prototype of a real-time bidding
> system where I want to capture some information quickly. I only want
> to pay attention to it if there is a problem and then I'm happy to
> grep the logs. If the proof of concept is successful, I'll probably
> (not guaranteed) convert the info statements to log the data into the
> database. Unfortunately, that means if I move the proof of concept
> into production and lose the warnings, I lose the info I want, also.
> That's why I put the level at 4.

Perhaps we should tweak the 'log' setting to allow either a specified
log level to be provided, meaning "anything at or above this level" as
it currently does, *or* the ability to provide a list of specific
levels - so you could say, e.g.:

    log:
      - info
      - error

That could be more flexible, and would probably suit your use-case, no?