[Dancer-users] many dancer apps with Starman (part 3)

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Tue Jul 12 11:14:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Deepak Gulati <deepak.gulati at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've used Daemontools in past with good results:
> http://www.deepakg.com/prog/2011/01/deploying-a-perl-dancer-application-on-amazon-ec2/

I use daemontools for everything but with Starman, you loose the
option of graceful restarts. The way starman does graceful restarts
requires a master process PID change, and that makes it incompatible
with daemontools.

Thats actually why I'm working on a super-deamon for PSGI apps, with
gracefull restarts and preloading but without master process pid
changes so it is daemontools-compatible. Compatibility with starman
and twiggy is also a requirement.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo