[Dancer-users] many dancer apps with Starman (part 3)

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 23:49:02 CEST 2011

On Jul 12, 2011, at 4:14 AM, Pedro Melo wrote:

> The way starman does graceful restarts
> requires a master process PID change

Could you please tell me how to do a graceful restart with Starman? I am also looking at the other suggestions as well (runit, daemontools, the init script submitted by Stefan, etc.), but I need something Mac OS X friendly. Right now, if I do

user at computer ~$ps -ax | grep 'starman master'
17612 ??         0:00.74 starman master
17619 ??         0:00.78 starman master
17626 ??         0:00.60 starman master
19852 ttys002    0:00.00 grep starman master

I have no idea which process is controlling which app, and, in any case, I have to do a bunch of `kill` commands. There must be some better way.

Thanks,

Puneet.