[wdvltalk-social] Question on Wordpress

joseph smilepoet at vfemail.net
Tue Sep 25 12:06:07 BST 2012

I'm not sure if anyone feels like answering questions from me, but I am
seriously in need of a nudge.

I've been away from activity, though still in touch, for a few years.
Among the better reasons is that what was supposed to be a fairly short
poem of about 40 lines turned into a major project, and I now have a
long book that in its early, post-poem, days was going to be short. So I
am now setting up my website, as simply as possible using Worpress and
Boozurk theme [That theme because I want the book cover pic on the top
left].

I will be puting this volume up initially. Later I will be adding both
those existing works, and those on the long to-do list I have. The
articles, blogs in this context - which relate to each area, need an
immediate visual distinction; My plan is to put a strap above the normal
article heading, as well as using categories, of course.

All the advice I have seen on templates leaves me pretty mystified,
perhaps because I don't recall enough php yet. I think the relevant part
of page.php is this:

<?php if ( have_posts() ) {
         while ( have_posts() ) {
             the_post(); ?>
<?php boozurk_hook_before_post(); ?>
<?php boozurk_extrainfo(); ?>
<?php boozurk_hook_before_post_title(); ?>
<?php boozurk_featured_title( array( 'featured' => true ) ); ?>
<?php boozurk_hook_after_post_title(); ?>
<?php boozurk_hook_before_post_content(); ?>
<?php the_content(); ?>

I can't work out what to do to turn this into a template, and how or
where to place the page [and post which I believe will be similar] that
will be called to put that strap above the heading. And how to make sure
it will be called when that template is selected. In part I am not sure
where the page layout is kept; though I take it one simply adds the
strap which distinguishes that group of pages [and separately posts]
above the title code on that.

Many thanks for any advice.

Joseph