[wdvltalk-social] Just an update on my Wordpress thinking

joseph smilepoet at vfemail.net
Fri Oct 5 15:37:57 BST 2012

I have been trying to adapt theme Boozurk, because the design has one or
two features I like, and I think it has potential for later. It is
fairly unique, and there seem to be a number of things unlikely to
translate to other themes.

Specific to Boozurk is a webpage header that is set up entirely for
words; there is no coding for an image. I have struggled with my
inadequacies and there is a limit to how much time I feel able to put to
it. A question to the designers - who seem generally very responsive -
has not been responded to. So far anyway.

So my thinking is to either go back to atuahalpa that I had been
preparing a while back, or to use classic or the new inclusion twenty
eleven. I am not keen on them for my needs, but I cannot delay any more
and must get the website operative - the more easily transferable the
better. Its purpose is a sales site for ebooks, with articles (or blogs)
relating to the books' contents. And it will be simple at this stage,
one book one process as I don't want to deal with delivery of multiple
ebooks; that might come later.

One thing that Boozurk would have delivered (I think) was a cover
picture (200px or 150 wide) in the top left where every device would see
it whatever the visual limitations. So now to check atuahalpa will do
enough - perhaps that too. At least I know now how to make page and post
templates in any of them :-) .

Joseph