[wdvltalk-social] Back Online

Cheryl D Wise cdwise at wiserways.com
Thu Sep 8 02:24:33 BST 2011

No, we'll take hurricanes and floods right now because it would mean an
easing of the drought. Some of our lakes are down 900" and there are 89
active fires ranging from 200 acres to 40,000.  All across the state wells
that have never gone dry are pumping sand, farmers have no crops, ranchers
have sold off most of their herds because there is no feed or water
available. Record heat on top of drought conditions with some parts of the
state having  over 135 days of 100f+ weather and no measurable rain in 10
months.

Even if the water all bounced off the hard baked clay it would replenish
lakes. What we really need is training storms of slow moving, light to
medium rain which we're hearing we need two straight months of just to have
any growing season this year at all. It would take 2 years of well above
average rainfall before they'll be able to get normal crops again. If we
don't get massive amounts of rain it will take 5 years to recover so yeah,
we'll take even a major hurricane. People were really asking for Lee to come
ashore 3-400 miles west of where it did. That part of the country doesn't
need rain but Texas and Oklahoma are parched.

Cheryl D Wise
http://by-expression.com
http://expressionwebforum.com
http://wiserways.com
twitter: cdwise

edc_quik at ihug.co.nz

> careful what you wish for :)
> Michael Ensor, Wellington, N.Z.

We
> : really need rain here, over 100,000 acres have burned in the last week.
This