[wdvltalk-social] Test

smile-poetry smile-poetry at vfemail.net
Thu Sep 16 15:00:42 BST 2010

Bearing in mind that sugar was also tightly rationed, that seems quite likely. Some substitutes were carrots - specially young - which is probably how carrot cake came into existence, and beet.

Growing sugar beet in the UK pretty much established Tate and Lyle as the monopoly for decades.

Allotment growers became great experts at getting every last ounce of food from their plots.

Joseph

From: "christine gregory"