[wdvltalk-social] Test

Cheryl D Wise cdwise at wiserways.com
Tue Sep 14 01:59:16 BST 2010

In Houston we've already seen a trend towards multi-functional developments
more along the lines of small city center type planned communities with
shops, restaurants, entertainment and office mixes. They tore down an old
huge mall that was a bit rundown and replaced it with condos above shops &
restaurants with office blocks interspersed. Even has a pub theater (movie
house that serves food & full bar at tables while the movie plays instead of
a traditional cinema) and other  clubs. Seems to be doing well for the
current economy in office leases, condo sales and apartment rentals.

That's quite a difference in how Houston originally developed with lots of
suburban sprawl. Midtown area has seen a lot of townhomes built and has
prospered as folks are tired of long commutes. That area too has seen more
shops, pubs, restaurants & other places to hang out  so folks can walk
instead of drive. People are finding that handy with crackdowns on drunk
driving. I must admit to being glad to see it. Even though we are in a very
residential area there are places we can walk to, even a pub that brews
their own beer even if that one is about a 20 minute walk away.

Been taking photos of fall color up in our Colorado house. I've been sorting
for some to upload. Got a few shots of our resident fox this evening along
with some chipmunks and birds. Yesterday I saw a healthy looking herd of
deer with at least a dozen adults. A few of the photos are up at
http://cid-317cf36337e6b9dd.photos.live.com/play.aspx/Colorado%20Sept%202010
?ref=1

Cheryl D Wise
http://by-expression.com