[wdvltalk-social] is it topmail RIP?

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Mon Sep 14 10:56:54 BST 2009

Hi Christine. Nice to know someone's about ;-). I think quite a few of the free services are ending; that's to be expected of anything ad-supported just now. This seems to be the case with mail.com, and yipple.com seems to be history altogether.

I was looking for free ones, and I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket. So I needed to replace topmail. But I've gone back to my main provider - vfemail.net, an excellent service all round - which is still offering free email as well as four excellent value upgrades; Bronze is $15 lifetime! and the other two are $30 and $50 a year. Quite outstanding.

I think it was recommended to me on the old wdvl list. I know I've been with them for years, and corresponded with Rick Romero who owns it.

How are you and how is everyone? All crunched by credit? ;-)

Joseph Harris