[wdvltalk-social] OT Wordpress - Christina

smile-poetry smile-poetry at vfemail.net
Sat Oct 31 14:38:45 GMT 2009

Okay. Some decisions made. First let me thank you so far Christina and Cheryl for your help and advice - more questions to come ;-).

My choice is between staying with the current website, and using http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/atahualpa .

Two things that I can't yet solve.
1. All the article and category links have disappeared - well, they are in the database and listed on the home page columns - in that clicking on anything gets a 404. I imagine there is some parameter missing or wrong somewhere. Any suggestions? [I will keep as my default re-installing everything since I have moved so much about. But I would like to know why the point of Wordpress has gone!]

2. I want to replace the page width image with a set of clickable links. Replacing the image as a single image is easy. But I can't see how to put a line of graphics. Alternatively I would replace it with boxes that contain an image and wording. But I need to understand how to put either alternative in the container [i.e. which file and where...].

With this theme there is another possibility. That is to put the title over the image and put the boxed links i n the container above. But same problem of my memory and/or ignorance.

Joseph

From: "Christina Lannen"