[wdvltalk-social] Tuesday trivia

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Tue Mar 24 13:29:17 GMT 2009

Hi Christine,

I think it may come down to sunshine, which favours South
Africa by quite a margin ;-).  Especially at this time of
year. But it has been getting ever more unstable, and that
may prove more important - bearing in mind it is general
world instability which ahs brought terrorism to the heart
of India. And Zimbabwe seems to have become a black hole,
(in reverse perhaps!) spreading Mugabe's special brand of
destructive dictatorship in the continent.

UK cricket seems quite keen and, as they point out, they
have the grounds and the infrastructure to mount the event
at short notice.

Then again it may come down to money and the likely gate in
each country - I am not up to date on that. Quite a puzzle
for the Indian officials - especially as they will be blamed
for anything that doesn't work well! [Bearing in mind the
game is an opportunity for gambling in India, where gambling
is a way of life.] What would they pay for an accurate
weather forecast?

Joseph

Dear Joseph,

What do you think the odds are for the Indian cricket to be
held in England? Or, do you think we are becoming too
xenophobic for that. Christine

E-mail: gregory_christin at hotmail.com