[wdvltalk-social] Hurricane Omar

Christina Lannen chris at lannendesigns.com
Mon Oct 20 19:30:38 BST 2008

Hi Christine,

My landlord has the special hurricane resident cloth/fiber/shades/screen
that went from the roof to the floor.  I couldn't see much of anything
except rain and how fast it was being pushed.  Saw lots of lightening
flashes, but heard absolutely no thunder.  Must have been the wind.

Omar arrived close to midnight and I wasn't scared at all.  And what was
nice is that my landlord has a whole house generator so we had power the
entire time.

My little place didn't get any rain inside.  Now to be honest I probably
would have been a little scared if Omar made landfall during daylight hours.
The seeing everything fly by. :-)

Power is still not on to the entire island.  No wireless for me.  My best
girlfriend had her power come on before me, but she has no cable or
internet.

Life on an island.

Chris