[wdvltalk-social] broadband connection failures

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Tue Jun 3 13:10:35 BST 2008

It is a well worn joke in computer service that the first
response on an enquiry line should be 'Have you tried turning it
off and turning it on again?'

I raised a couple of questions on my own problems with broadband
and can confirm the value of the joke!

If one is not able to get from the router/modem to the IP
provider or out of that server then detach the wires from the
router [with or without turning the power off] for a number of
seconds.

This has worked twice now.    Should I get again the odd problem
of the mail downloading but the browsers crying into their
add-ons I will try it and let you know.

Joseph Harris