[wdvltalk-social] Boy glues self to bed to avoid school

darwin at living-images.org darwin at living-images.org
Tue Jan 8 03:05:49 GMT 2008

Boy glues self to bed to avoid school
Article from: Agence France-Presse

January 08, 2008 09:37am
A 10-YEAR-old Mexican boy glued his hand to his bed to avoid going back to
school after the Christmas break, authorities say.

"I thought if I was glued to the bed, they couldn't make me go to school,''
the boy, Diego, said.

"I didn't want to go, the holidays were so much fun.''

"I remembered my mum had bought a very strong glue,'' he said of the
industrial strength shoe glue he used to stick his hand to the bed's metal
headboard, where he stayed stuck for two hours.

His mother Sandra Palacios was unable to free him and called paramedics and
police to help.

Diego watched cartoons while they worked to unglue him, eventually using a
spray to dissolve the chemical adhesive.

"I don't know why this happened. He is a very good boy,'' said his mother.

Diego eventually made it school a few hours late