[wdvltalk-social] Kaspersky problems - or maybe not... maybe!

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Wed Feb 27 23:57:41 GMT 2008

[Well I usually like to take the humour to the serious, but I
have to bring the serious to the humour this time!    I've tried
real-wdvl but no response]

Something has caused a problem - not directly for me happily.
Kaspersky AV appears to have caused disruption and prevented
access to the net, even though logging in to the ISP works.
Zone Alarm Pro was the firewall.

There was an attempt to install Kaspersky suite which installed
and may have configured but still no access to the net [for
anything].    Zone and the AV were uninstalled first of course.

Any thoughts about how much trouble lies ahead to sort this out,
and even more so, how to do that?   It is Wndoze Xp SP2 of course
on a Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop.

All help appreciated and TIA as ever

Joseph