[wdvltalk-social] Imprint title - help requested

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Tue Aug 12 10:39:38 BST 2008

Joseph Harris
----- Original Message -----
From: "joseph harris" <smilepoet at vfemail.net>
To: "Web development and beer"
<wdvltalk-social at wdvltalk-social.org.uk>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: [wdvltalk-social] Imprint title - help requested

> From: "Cheryl D Wise"
>

>> "Get a Grip"
>>
>> Cheryl D Wise
>> MS MVP Expression
>>

> That's amazingly concise and to the point. Unfortunately that
> also has connotations of criticism which it is vital to avoid
> for
> this style [how a person got there is not the point, climbing
> out
> of the hole is]. But it most certainly adds wider perspective
> possibilities. Thanks.
>
> Joseph    [It also challenges my prediliction for longer words
> ;-)]

Can I thank everybody on this and a couple of other lists for the
excellent and helpful comments and advice. It sent me back to the
drawing board armed with a deal of ideas and information.

I already have a main name [S P Publications] with its ISBNs, but
want to use an imprint name to underline the purpose of the book,
and possibly as one of a series. And in working on the purpose
and aim of the book gave me two directions:

Back On Track Books
Back On Track Guides
Back On Track Press

Fair Treatment Guides

I am leaning towards the latter as 'fair' is also an important
term in the regulations and other rules in this book's and
general consumer matters. the book purpose is to ensure that the
relevant rules are applied to the readrs affairs - it can make a
tremendous amount of difference.

Fair is also readily understandable and focussed.

Back on track [apart from risking confusing with outdoor
activities] deals only with the stabilising of a situation, and
important part but less descriptive.

And further comments very welcome again.

Joseph