[wdvltalk-social] low pitch, high pitch

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Tue Sep 25 22:11:12 BST 2007

      Last Updated: Tuesday, 25 September 2007, 17:49 GMT 18:49
UK

             E-mail this to a friend   Printable version

      Deep-voiced men 'have more kids'
      Men with deep voices tend to have more children than men
who speak in a high-pitch, scientists say.
      Their finding is based on a group of hunter-gatherers in
Tanzania known as the Hadza, who can be studied without bias
because they use no birth control.

      Males who hit the lower notes as they talked had about two
more children on average than squeaky speakers.

      It fits with observations that women find baritones more
attractive, the team reports in Biology Letters.

      I...    er....   It...    Well....    No, it's no good,
there are so many possible things to say I am speechless

      Joseph