[wdvltalk-social] aanndd........

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Sat Dec 15 12:11:21 GMT 2007

Grass is a great fighter....    But.   If you want a fine lawn
you must keep it trimmed;  when you are urging it on [as you are
doing] about an inch cut is right.   As the spring progresses and
in early autumn the height of the cut should be reduced gradually
to about half an inch and the lawn should be trimmed through
winter if it is growing.  [Please do your own conversion to
metrics if that is your foible]

The reason for the cut measurements is that fine grasses do well
with short hair - er cuts - while coarser grasses are killed off
at these lengths.   Bowling lawns are something else, wanting
only the finest of the fine, and I despair of those razor trims
to cricket wickets.

Joseph

From: "michael ensor"