[dancer-users] Debugging memory leaks

Hermann Calabria hermann at ivouch.com
Mon Mar 29 18:52:09 EDT 2021

We have experienced the same issue -- memory leaks -- with our Dancer-based app.  Not sure if it's Dancer, underlying Perl, or UWSGI itself, but haven't been able to debug and would certainly appreciate any tips!

As a workaround, we use the reload-on-rss option on UWSGI to reload bloated workers.  Here's a recipe, with sample settings:

processes = 6             # have 6 workers loaded simultaneously
reload-on-rss = 800    # if a worker reaches 800MB RSS allocated, reload it after it finishes.
harakiri = 120              # (for good measure) hung workers die after 120 seconds

The reload-on-rss setting obviously depends on the size of your app, with a bit of headroom for it to bloat  until it gets restarted.  Make sure (# of processes) * (reload-on-rss) < (available memory).