[dancer-users] Dancer crashing

Hermann Calabria hermann at ivouch.com
Thu Mar 14 23:07:01 GMT 2019

I experienced the error again today, and this time I was careful to note, the user experience is that the server goes away. Poof, gone. There’s no 500 error or anything; it’s as if the server was never there. I restarted the Dancer process, clicked refresh on web browser, and continued normally.  I retried the same sequence of user actions that led to the error, but could not replicate.

Given the intermittency, and that the error appears to surface on any route, I’m starting to wonder if this is some sort of race condition within the before hook of the app?  We do some pretty fancy stuff with the before hook to implement a certain feature of the app; maybe I should post some of that code?

In any event, thanks for the continuing discussion.  At the risk of encouraging bad habits, Chad, thanks for choosing this issue to procrastinate 😊