[dancer-users] Get backtrace for stuck Dancer process

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Thu Sep 27 22:48:38 BST 2018

I’ve got a long-running Dancer app which froze up today for no obvious reason, with no useful logs either at the Apache front-end proxy level or at the Dancer level.

If this were a program written in a language that compiles to native code, I’d force a core dump and do a backtrace on the process in a debugger to find out where it got hung up, which would usually tell me how to avoid that problem.

Is there a way to do that with Perl, and if not, can anyone suggest an alternative?

My best alternative is to set up some kind of watchdog, but I’d rather avoid the problem in the first place, if possible.