[dancer-users] Best practice to escape HTML entities in Dancer2 and TT

Lutz Gehlen lrg_ml at gmx.net
Sat Feb 10 16:39:12 GMT 2018

Hi Shlomi,

thanks for your reply. I have tried to use your module, but I am
unsure how to activate it in my Dancer2 application. I have added
the class as STASH to my template engine in config.yml:

template: "template_toolkit"
engines:
  template:
    template_toolkit:
      start_tag: '[%'
      end_tag:   '%]'
      ENCODING: utf8
<snip>...</snip>
      STASH: 'Template::Stash::AutoEscaping'

First, I got the error message that the module was not loaded, but
even if I load the module manually I get:

Can't use string ("Template::Stash::AutoEscaping") as a HASH ref
while "strict refs" in use at /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/perl/5.20.2/Template/Stash.pm line 161.

It seems like Template::Stash expects an instance of the stash class
(like you show in the SYNOPSIS section of your module). But how do I
tell Dancer2 to instantiate the class and hand it over to TT? Can
you help we with that?

Cheers,
Lutz