[dancer-users] DPAE workflow: password reset => change password, rather than temporary password?

Nathan Bailey web at polynate.net
Fri May 26 07:15:37 BST 2017

Hi all,
 I now have Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible working in our environment.
It works great, but I think the 'forgot password' workflow is a little
longer than it needs to be.

It appears that the 'Forgot password' workflow is:
1. Type in email and request token
2. Get token in email
3. Click the link with the token (in your email)
4. Click 'Reset password'
5. Get a new password
6. Login in with the new password
7. Presumably, change your password

It seems that steps 5 and 6 are redundant to me - once we've authenticated
the user, I'd like to get them to change their password immediately.

Presumably others have already done this, does anyone have some code they'd
like to share?

thanks!
Nathan