[dancer-users] query parameter parsing and Dancer vs Apache handling

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Mon May 15 19:37:32 BST 2017

On May 15, 2017, at 11:40 AM, Amelia Ireland <aireland at lbl.gov> wrote:

> I'm working with an old site where some URLs with query params of the form
>
> main.cgi?param=value&param2=value2&param3=value3
>
> can be handled by Dancer (by redirecting to new pages), but others must be handled by the old site.

I’d handle that at the front-end proxy layer, with each URL type reverse-proxyied to the appropriate Dancer app instance.

mod_proxy in Apache and its equivalent in nginx should be capable of distinguishing the URL types.

To do it entirely within Dancer, I think you’d end up building a reverse proxy layer within one of the Dancer apps and thus causing one Dancer app to be subordinate to the other, and that just is not an efficient thing to be doing in Perl.