[dancer-users] log file stop recording

Wanjuan Yang wy1 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 15:14:03 BST 2016

Hi Kadir,

Many thanks for your reply!

The development.yml does have the following:

# the logger engine to use
#console: log messages to STDOUT (your console where you started the
#          application server)
# file:    log message to a file in log/
logger: "file"

# the log level for this environment
# core is the lowest, it shows Dancer's core log messages as well as yours
# (debug, info, warning and error)
log: "debug"

# should Dancer consider warnings as critical errors?
warnings: 0

# should Dancer show a stacktrace when an error is caught?
show_errors: 1

I check the space with
df -h /data/
Filesystem             Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/apps-data   30G  3.7G   27G  13% /data

So it looks like still have space.

I initially delete the old file when I found it is not updating. Then I manually create a new empty file development.log and
I change the log file to have –rwxrwxrwx permission, but still it doesn’t seem to writing anything in it.

What problem it could be?

Many thanks,
Wendy

On 10/5/16, 1:52 PM, "dancer-users on behalf of Kadir Beyazlı" <dancer-users-bounces at dancer.pm on behalf of kadirbeyazli at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Wanjuan

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Wanjuan Yang <wy1 at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I want to use log file to monitor what is happening on the website, but I found the log file is not recording any more.
>

> Does anyone know where is to set the log file to keep the log? If it keep going, do we need to clear it regularly otherwise it full up the space?

I am setting log options at following folders

appdir/enviroments/developement.yml
appdir/enviroments/production.yml

Would you please check if 'logger' is set to 'file'? If yes, perhaps
one of following may be:

There is not enough diskspace
Permission rights of log file changed

> Many thanks,
>
> Wendy
>
> -- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.

Kadir Beyazlı
Computer Engineer
GSM : +90 535 821 50 00