[dancer-users] Internationalisation

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Thu Mar 31 16:29:09 BST 2016

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:06:02 +0100 Paulo A Ferreira
<paulo.a.ferreira at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just from the plugin documentation you wont get any web "user"
> translations. Just for the system wide language.

Yes, good point, it hadn't even occurred to me that you might want to
do this per-user.

> it would be fine if the example of "Sending messages to the user" had
> something like this:
>
> <% FOR message IN messages %>
>         <% message.toString(session.user_lang) | html_entity
> %>
> <% END %>

Thanks, something like that will make a good addition.

If I'm honest, I've barely touched the internationalisation aspects of
this module, so any feedback is welcome. What I am fairly confident
about, however, is that using the module and then adding
internationalisation later will be the least painful of any option.

> This works really fine for end user localization.
> A awesome plugin evolution would be not to check de "locale" but a
> session lang or from "accept-language" header :-)

Theo has done a really good module to use the various client headers.
When I saw his talk at LPW it did occur to me that some easy way of
combining the 2 modules would be awesome. Something I'd like to work on
if/when I have time.

Andy