[dancer-users] Suggesting plugin name Dancer2::Plugin::Swagger2

Daniel Boehmer post at daniel-boehmer.de
Fri Mar 4 17:04:16 GMT 2016

Hello Dancer folks,

I've written a plugin for Dancer2 for my current client and
as soon as I get the written permission I'm ready to upload
it to CPAN. It will be my first CPAN module, by the way.

The plugin enables the user to provide a Swagger2 file which
specifies a web API including its paths and parameters. For
all paths and HTTP methods a route is created automatically
and connected to a controller method. The method might be
defined with a predictable name in a certain namespace or
might be provided from a callback.

Now my question is whether you have any remarks on the name
of the module. I developed it as Dancer2::Plugin::Swagger2.

You'll find that Dancer::Plugin::Swagger [1] exists and
goes the opposite way: Generate a Swagger spec from the
Dancer app.

Also there is Mojolicious::Plugin::Swagger2 [2], a plugin
similar to mine that provides route autogeneration for
a different web framework that you might have heard of,
Mojolicious;-)

I hope to get permission by Monday and see my module on
CPAN before the German Perl Workshop next week.

So what do you think about the name?

Kind regards
Daniel Böhmer

[1] https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Plugin::Swagger