[dancer-users] Internationalisation

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Thu Mar 3 09:25:13 GMT 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-03 at 08:58 +0000, Zahir Lalani wrote:
> Can i get some ideas of how people are handling internationalisation
> within a dancer framework?

With Dancer2::Plugin::LogReport

It will integrate all your logging, user messages, exceptions and
translations. It is very flexible and powerful.

I did a talk about it at the Dancer conference. The talk isn't great (I
repeated it at LPW, but simplified and without the translations), but
the slides are here. Have a look at slide 15 onwards:

http://files.andybev.com/log-report-dancerconf.odp

It's a steep learning curve, but that's because it's so powerful. Stick
it out, and you will be rewarded. You may get up and running quicker
with other approaches, but you will likely have headaches and/or
limitations later on.

I did an introduction to the module, but without the translations. I'll
write up translations later:

https://github.com/abeverley/advent-calendar/blob/master/2015/9-easy-exceptions-and-logging.pod

I'm the author of the module, and very happy to answer questions and
help out.

Andy