[dancer-users] How to use HTML template as body to an Email?

Kadir Beyazlı kadirbeyazli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:52:29 GMT 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Tushar Dave <tushardave26 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Fellow Dancers,
>
> I am trying to send an email as HTML using HTML template. Does anybody know
> that how can I use HTML template (that resides in view directory) as email
> body? So far I tried the following code but am not able to get it working.
> It may be not the right way of doing it.
>
> try {
>     email {
>         from => 'abc at xyz.com',
>         to => 'xyz at abc.com',
>         subject => 'test email',
>         body => template 'contactUsEmail.tt', {name => $params->{'name'},
> email => $params->email'}, message => $params->{'message'}},
>         type => 'html'
>     };
> } catch {
>     error "Could not send email: $_";
> };
[KB] You can use it as follow:

my $body = template 'contactUsEmail.tt', {name => $params->{'name'},
email => $params->email'}, message => $params->{'message'}}, { layout
=> undef };

try {
    email {
        from => 'abc at xyz.com',
        to => 'xyz at abc.com',
        subject => 'test email',
        body => $body,
        type => 'html'
    };
} catch {
    error "Could not send email: $_";
};

> Another possible solution that I am thinking of, I can just store the entire
> HTML code in a scalar variable and use it as email body (e.g. body  =>
> $template, where $tempalte contains the HTML code as $template ="html
> code..").
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Best,
> Tushar Dave