[dancer-users] Dancer2 0.166000 - 404 Behaviour Change

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Jan 20 14:07:34 GMT 2016

Quoting Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk>:

> I plan to dig a little deeper into the problem later in the week,

Couldn't resist a quick look, and I think I've found the problem. It's
this commit.

https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer2/commit/32935dbc7bc1369047c4af572b1e04f34fb08fb8

It switches from using "-f" to see if the template exists, to using
$engine->pathname_exists. This changes the behaviour as
pathname_exists() uses Template::Context::template(), which dies if
the template can't be found.

So the call to pathname_exists() probably needs to be in a try/catch block.

I'll see if I can come up with a failing test and a patch.

hth,

Dave...